I don’t know about you, but here in my house we LOVE some Star Wars! This year to celebrate May the 4th (get it? May the 4th be with you!) I threw together these super simple Lightsaber Pretzels. These were a perfect movie night snack. They would also work for a birthday party!
Here's what you'll need:
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt the first color of candy melts. I prefer melting them in a glass bowl over boiling water. This is gentler and offers less risk of burning the candy. (Or you can melt them in the microwave by following the directions on the package)
3. Once the candy is completely melted, use a spatula to spread the candy around the bottom 2/3rds of the pretzel rod.
4. Lay pretzels on cookie sheet to dry.
5. Repeat with the other colors of candy melts you have chosen.
***Important note for clean up: if you have leftover candy that you wish to save, make sure to transfer it to a new container before the candy hardens. I prefer to store them in a glass pyrex container with a lid, like these, so I can easily melt them again.
Serve them up!
My husband found these adorable C-3PO and R2-D2 bowls from Game Stop a few years ago. I don’t think they have the same ones in stock now, but a quick search on their website revealed some other cute options!
*For a nicer finish, use a mason jar tall enough to insert the top of the pretzel into the melted candy. You can melt the candy by putting the mason jars into a crockpot with hot water!
*I chose red and green since these are the classic Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker colors. However, there are so many options! Check out this article about all the other colors and what they mean.
*This is a great recipe to try with the kids!